Stretching is important not only to those who actively do sports but also to those who lead a sedentary lifestyle.
Bright Side shares with you these exercises developed by a Spanish fitness trainer. They will help you to keep your body fit and show which muscles were involved in each exercise.
Important Note: Don’t forget to breathe normally, and make sure you feel no pain. Hold each position for 10 to 30 seconds.
18. Neck front muscles stretching
- Muscles involved: Sternocleidomastoid muscle.
- Execution: Put your hands on your hips, straighten your back, and carefully start bending your head backward. If you want to make the stretch more intensive, you can put your hands on your forehead and carefully pull down.
17. Neck side muscles stretching
- Muscles involved: Sternocleidomastoid muscle and upper trapezius.
- Execution: Take a sitting position, straighten your back, and, with the help of your left hand, bend your head to the left. Try to touch your shoulder with your ear. Repeat the exercise in the other direction.