Back pain is the single most debilitating factor worldwide with about 90% of adults experiencing it at some point in their lives. It is also the most common cause of job-related disabilities and a leading contributor to missed work days.
Bright Side has put together a 15-minute daily routine which will not only help you get rid of the pain, but will also prevent it from occurring ever again. Remember to do some warm-up exercises before you start.
Hamstring floor stretch
- Lie on your back with one leg bent.
- Using a stretching rope or your hands, pull the straight leg up and towards your head. Pull until you feel a comfortable but hard stretch.
- Hold for 30 seconds and perform the same with the other leg.
- Repeat it twice.
What it does: Hamstring stretches can reduce your back pain by lengthening your thigh muscles. Longer muscles relieve pressure on the lower back and ease the pain.
Lying spinal twist
- Lie on your back with your arms stretched on your sides perpendicular to your head.
- Raise your right leg up and use your left hand to pull your right leg over your left leg and to the ground on the left side.
- While doing it, slowly turn your head toward the right side.
- Stay in this position for 30 seconds.
- Now slowly come back to the original position and repeat on the other side.
- Perform twice.
What it does: It works by releasing tension from the lower back and strengthening the shoulders. It also elongates your supporting spinal muscles.