This stretching aims for your upper, middle, and lower back muscles.
- Lie on your back, then bend both knees and hold them with your arms;
- Bring the knees towards your chest until you feel a gentle stretch;
- Hold this pose for 25-30 seconds.
This stretching workout aims for your back, shoulders, triceps, and even your abs.
- Stand tall, with your feet apart, stretch your arms upwards;
- Bend your right elbow and hold the elbow with your right hand;
- Gently pull the elbow towards your head;
- Hold this position for 15-20 seconds and then switch arms.
Sitting Side Bend
This stretching exercise targets the following areas: your obliques, your back, your abs, and your shoulders.
- Sit on the floor with your legs crossed, or you may sit on a chair if it’s more comfortable for you;
- Lift your left arm straight up above your head, lean it to the left;
- Feel a gentle stretch in your left side;
- Hold this position for 10-15 seconds and then switch sides.
This yoga pose aims for your abs, your back, and your hips.
- Lie on your stomach, stretch your arms back and up;
- Bend your knees and hold your ankles with your hands;
- Keep the tops of your shoulders away from your ears;
- Hold this pose for 20-30 seconds.
Downward Facing Dog
This yoga pose aims your legs, hips, back, shoulders, and arms.
- Start on your hands and knees;
- As you exhale, straighten your arms and knees;
- Press your heels towards the floor and your head towards your feet;
- Stay in this pose for 15-20 seconds.
This yoga pose aims for the following areas: your legs, obliques, hips, shoulders, and chest.
- Start standing on your mat, spread your feet wide apart (about 4 feet distance between them);
- Turn your left foot 45 degrees and your right foot 90 degrees;
- Hold your arms parallel to the floor and start stretching to the left, as if you were trying to reach something;
- Exhale and bend your body to the left, so that your left hand could touch your ankle or a block if it’s more comfortable;
- Stretch your right arm towards the sky, keep looking up.
- Hold this position for 30-35 seconds.
It is worth pointing out that these stretching exercises don’t necessitate any special equipment; you can do them at home or at the park! DO you know other useful stretches that can help in trimming some pounds? Please share it with us in the comment section below!