The most common thing to do with banana peels is to throw them in the trash. However, there are various miraculous uses for this frequently-overlooked product. The peels can be used in your kitchen as a cleaning product or in your beauty routine.
Here at Bright Side, we collected the most practical uses for banana peels that will definitely change how you feel about this fruit.
1. They help reduce acne.
Banana peels contain vitamin C and vitamin E and they also contain potassium, zinc, iron, and manganese. These nutrients can calm inflamed skin and reduce acne outbreaks. Furthermore, banana peels contain lutein and carotenoids which are fat-soluble compounds that help fight inflammation and acne breakouts.
- Rub the banana peel over your skin and leave for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse your skin.
- Repeat twice daily.
2. They help reduce wrinkles.
Facial wrinkles occur when the skin loses its elasticity and it loses its firmness. The antioxidants and vitamin C in bananas can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Rub the banana peel over your skin and leave for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Wash your face and moisturize.
- Repeat 3 times a week.
3. They can polish your silver.
When your silver begins to lose its luster or it begins to tarnish, try using a banana peel. The inside of a banana peel contains substances such as potassium that help clean metal objects.
- Take the banana peels and place them in a blender.
- Add half a cup of water to the mix.
- Mix until it becomes a paste.
- Rub your silver with the paste for a few minutes.
4. They help remove splinters.
A banana peel is rich in enzymes and these enzymes in the banana skin have a pulling action that will draw the foreign subject to the surface of the skin which will make it much easier to grab the splinter or sliver or glass with a pair of tweezers.
- Apply a ripe banana peel to the affected area of the skin.
- Let sit on the skin for 15 minutes.
- Remove it gently without rubbing it on the skin.
- Then remove the splinter.