If you always say to yourself, “Next Monday, I’m going to the gym,” and end up breaking that promise again and again, don’t lose heart. Especially for you, trainers have come up with a series of simple stretches that will keep your muscles in shape, and you can perform all of them right in the comfort of your own home.
We at Bright Side know that the price for all the cookies we’ve eaten and the sedentary lifestyle is extra weight. This is why we suggest that you get up, stretch, and make your body work like it should.
1. Neck stretch
This exercise will return flexibility to the neck muscles and remove the fat near this area.
How to do it:
- Lie on your back and bend your knees.
- Fold a towel, like shown in the picture above, and place it on the back of the head.
- Pull the towel up, trying to stretch the neck. Keep the elbows to the sides, to allow yourself to breathe freely.
- Take 3 deep breaths and repeat the exercise 3-4 times.
2. Shoulder stretch
Tension in the shoulder area has a negative effect on the vision and causes frequent headaches.
How to do it:
- Lean with your shoulder on the wall.
- Bend the arm at the elbow and lift it so that the upper part of the arm is parallel to the floor and the fingers are pointing down.
- Rotate the body from the wall, avoiding any painful sensations.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds and then do the same with the other arm.