Having strong and healthy legs is extremely important, not just for good-looking thighs, but also for our brains and overall health. Exercising your legs helps you keep a sharp mind as you age, maintaining strong intellectual abilities and sanity.
Bright Side made a workout with leg exercises that will help you get rid of fat, strengthen your muscles, and look astonishing while boosting your brainpower as you’re aging.
1. Wall sit
Wall sit is the simplest way to exercise your legs. All you need is a wall. It strengthens your quadricep muscles, burns fat, and also increases your endurance. Because of its nature, you need practice to be able to hold it for a long time. Just try to hold it longer little by little in duration.
- Stand with your back against the wall like you’re sitting in a chair.
- Keep your feet rooted on the ground, hip-width apart.
- Lower until your thighs are parallel to the ground. Hold this 90° bend at the hips and knees for 30 seconds to one minute.
- Stand up slowly and repeat 5 times.
Tip: Place your hands on your sides or extend your arms in front of you for better balance. Placing your hands on your thighs won’t help.
2. Chair pose
Chair pose, or Utkatasana as it is called, is a very strong position for your whole body, but especially for your hips, legs, thighs, and arms. Including chair pose in your workout will be beneficial to your upper and lower body.
- Stand up straight with your arms by your side and lower your body.
- Bend your knees and pretend like you are about to sit in a chair with your feet on the ground, leaning forward from your core.
- Extend your arms straight up to follow the angle of your torso and stay in this position for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Slowly go back to your standing position and repeat 5 times.
Tip: Focus on your breathing to find better balance. Exhale when bending and inhale when standing.